|Marcela Valladoid & Paul Hollywood|
|Love Productions USA|
The American Baking Competition is based on a British format called The Great British Bake Off, the show features ten professionally skilled amateur bakers competing for the title of "Best Amateur Baker in America", a shot at a $250,000 grand prize and a chance to publish their own cookbook by Simon & Schuster.
Each week, these contestants would compete in three unique challenges called the "Signature Bake", Technical Bake" and "Showstopper Bake". The contestants who out-bakes the rest is that week's "Star Baker", while the one whose creation fail to impress is eliminated. The final challenge will be among the three remaining contestants, one of whom will go on to be crowned the best amateur baker in America and win the $250,000 grand prize. The winner would also be awarded a publishing contract with Simon & Schuster to publish their own cookbook with Gallery Books.
The following are a list of countries that are previously and currently airing their versions of The (American) Baking Competition/The Great Holiday Baking Show includes:
- Belgium (Dutch language only)
- United Kingdom (Country that orginated the program as The Great British Bake Off)
- On October 12, 2012; the show was originally titled as The Bake-Off before it was later renamed as The American Baking Competition.
- CBS placed casting calls for participants on November 14, 2012. Auditions were held between December 1, 2012 and December 15, 2012.
- The original format called The Great British Bake Off aired on British television network BBC Two from 2010 until 2013. However, the show was later revived on BBC One since 2014.
- Paul Hollywood appeared as a judge in the 3rd season of The Great American Baking Show (formerly called The Great Holiday Baking Show during season 1) replacing former judge Mary Berry in 2017.
- In 2015, the series was rebooted by ABC as The Great Holiday Baking Show hosted by husband and wife team Ian Gomez and Nia Vardalos. Unlike this version, it doesn't have a cash prize along with a publishing contract for its baker contestants as its akin to be more like its British counterpart instead. In 2016, the show was retitled as The Great American Baking Show (See the "Related Show" page for details).
The Great Holiday Baking Show - (retitled as The Great American Baking Show in 2016) is the remake of The American Baking Competition formerly hosted by Ian Gomez and Nia Vardalos and now hosted by Anthony Adams and Ayesha Curry that airs on ABC since 2015.