Family Feud on CBS and in syndication from 1988 to 1994 (he was later replaced by Richard Dawson in 1994). Following the cancellation of Feud, Combs attempted to get back into television with the short-lived Family Challenge on The Family Channel (then Fox Family, later ABC Family, now Freeform) in 1995 (he was then later proceeded by Michael Burger when the show was re-titled as The New Family Challenge in 1996), but his life had already taken a severe downturn including a divorce from his wife, Debbie Combs, a near-fatal car accident, financial problems (including the closing of 2 comedy clubs he managed in Ohio), and severely hitting his head on the walls and damaging the inside of his house, which ultimately led to his suicide in 1996 where he fashioned a noose with his bed sheets and hung himself in the closet of his hospital room, without leaving a suicide note.
- Before Ray Combs hosted Family Feud, he appeared in movies & TV shows from 1985-1988. His very first show he appeared on was The Facts of Life. His role on an episode of that show was The Technician.
- Ray Combs appeared on The Price is Right & Card Sharks one time to announce that Family Feud is airing on CBS.
- Family Feud (1987 pilot/1988-1994)
- The Family Feud Challenge (1992 pilot)
- Family Challenge (1995-1996)