|Name:||Rachel Meghan Markle|
|Born:||August 4, 1981|
|Birth Hometown:||Los Angeles, California|
|Known for:||Her acting & modeling career|
Markle was born Rachel Meghan Markle and was raised in Los Angeles, California. Her mother is African American and her father is of Dutch and Irish descent. She attended Northwestern University, and double-majored in Theater and International Relations. After graduating college, she worked for the US Embassy in Buenos Aires.
- In 2002, Markle got her start in an episode of the daytime soap opera, General Hospital.
- She's also appeared in television episodes of:
- Century City
- Love, Inc.
- The War at Home
- Knight Rider
- Without a Trace
- The Apostles
- CSI: NY
- The League
- and Suits.
- Markle has also made appearances in the films A Lot Like Love and Deceit.
- Markle made her debut late in the first season of Deal or No Deal on April 12, 2006. Aside from a single appearance holding case #11, Markle was the regular model carrying case #24. Markle quit the show in early 2007.
- Markle appeared on Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season. She currently portrays Rachel Zane, an "attractive paralegal who's assigned to Mike Ross (with his encyclopedic knowledge of the law) (Patrick J. Adams) and becomes his valuable after-hours research ally" on the USA Network TV show Suits.
Markle appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses. She appeared in the short film The Candidate (seen on the KQED public television show ImageMakers: the Company of Men) as a secretary in 2012.
After her split from Joe Giuliano, Markle married Trevor Engelson on September 10, 2011, after having dated since 2004.