Legally Blonde - The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods was a short-lived reality show contest to find the next Broadway musical star to play the part of Elle Woods.
Judges and mentorsEdit
- Haylie Duff, singer, actress, and Broadway Performer
- Jerry Mitchell, director and choreographer of Legally Blonde — The Musical
- Paul Canaan, ensemble member of Legally Blonde — The Musical
- Bernard Telsey, casting director
- Heather Hach, librettist of Legally Blonde — The Musical
- Seth Rudetsky, musician, comedian, actor, writer, vocal coach
- Denis Jones, Associate Choreographer of Legally Blonde — The Musical
- Marc Bruni, Associate Director of Legally Blonde — The Musical
The show began with 15 contestants. All except the winner were eliminated over nine episodes, in which they performed songs and faced other challenges. A three-judge panel made the elimination decisions. Most episodes involved a small prize for the winner of the challenge.
The program was created to replace Laura Bell Bundy as the role of the main character in the musical.
The winner of the series was Bailey Hanks.
Judge Haylie Duff is the sister of actress Hilary Duff.
The Musical Legally Blonde is based on the movie franchise of the same name.