|Lamorne Morris & Sarah Karges|
BrainRush (spelled as BrainRu$h) was a short-lived quiz show where unwitting contestants are asked to answer a series of trivia questions on roller coasters.
Round 1: Quick Quiz/BoomerangEdit
The host sits on the Boomerang. Anyone who sits next to the host automatically becomes a contestant. Each contestant is asked a series of questions over the course of the ride. (As noted in episode 4, the total time is one minute and 45 seconds.) Each correct answer is worth $25. The two contestants who earned the most money advance to the second round.
In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker question with a numerical answer was asked (generally, the question is about the Boomerang coaster). The contestant whose guess is the closest to the correct answer without going over moves on while the eliminated contestant is paid his/her winnings immediately.
Round 2: Silver BulletEdit
Each of the remaining two contestants picks one of two games. hidden in two colored envelopes. The player with the least earnings from Round 1 goes first. Generally, each pair of the game is worth $50 and both games have the same amount of money available ($300). The money from both rounds are combined, and the person with the most money at the end of the round wins the game. Similar to round 1, The losing contestant is paid his/her winnings immediately. If their is a tie at the end of round 2, a numerical question is asked in a similar manner to round 1.
Games in Round 2Edit
- Streetwise: The host tells the player five letter of the alphabet during the ride, the player must remember those five letters. Each recalled letter was worth $50. In addition, regardless of the player's performance the player is given five correct letters, and must unscramble them into a slang word based on a clue that was given by the host. If the player unscrambles the word within 30 seconds, (s)he win another $50.
- Regurgitator: The player is read a short story (typically from an article from USA Today) as the coaster moves up the lift hill. (S)he is then asked six questions about the story over the course of the ride. Each correct answer was worth $50.
- Represent: During the ride, the host tells the player three random words and there are three random pictures shown around the park. After the ride, the player can list any of the words or pictures for $50 each.
- Hurling Hangman: The player looks for three letters while on the ride. After the end of the ride, they can recall letters for $50 each. Afterward, the use the letters to complete three words within a time limit of 10 seconds. Each word correctly completed is worth a further $50.
Round 3: Motor Mouth/XceleratorEdit
The contestant selects one of the four categories for the round. Prior to the start of the final level, (s)he is given the chance to eat a food item for a $100 bonus. The contestant must eat the entire dish to earn the bonus.
Categories in Round 3Edit
- Zap-Pow: Superheroes & Comic Books
- Penalty Box: Sports
- Watch-Out: Television & Movies
- Know It All: General Knowledge
The contestant is asked a series of questions with multiple answers and must give as many correct answers as possible over the course of the ride (a total of 24 seconds in length). The first correct answer is worth $50 while each additional correct answer was worth $50 more than the previous one (i.e. giving 5 correct answers win $750 or $50+$100+$150+$200+$250).
Afterwards, (s)he is given the option of keeping all their winnings or risking half of it on one final question. The contestant sits on the coaster in the station to answer the question. If the contestant gives the correct answer (the light turns green), he/she double his/her winnings and the coaster takes off immediately. however, if the answer is incorrect (the light turns red), the contestant loses half of their total (the total is rounded down in the event of halving an odd amount). In the later event, the host offers the player a final ride anyway regardless of the result. The $100 bonus for eating the food is not doubled or halved.
- The show was originally going to be called Headrush before it.
- The show took place at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California. Some of the fastest roller coasters the park housed were used on the show.
- Host Lamorne Morris went on to star on the hit FOX sitcom New Girl as Winston.
Scream If You Know The Answer! - A show similar to BrainRush airing on The Travel Channel in 2011.